Monday 14 November 2011

Dyson Delights

I love vacuuming.

Don't panic you read correctly I really love vacuuming and cleaning bathrooms. I don't care for the rest of the household chores.

To me there is nothing more rewarding than starting out with a crumb, dog hair, dry play dough covered floor and as you vacuum, you can see you are removing the detritus away.

Every time you vacuum you get to start with a clean slate again.

Last year when times were tough in my life, my computer and work became my life. I would sit on it for hours at night after having finished all of my jobs, working away, I rarely slept more than 3-4 hours.

I used to give myself breaks and wander aimlessly through websites. One night I obviously entered a competition. I never enter competitions.

It was on the AsthmaSA site and there was a Kids Breathe Better link. A competition was running and you just needed to write your story about your child's asthma.

So I did...apparently. I was away camping at our piece of Paradise in October last year when I checked my e-mails and there was an e-mail telling me I had won a DC23 Turbo vacuum from Dyson through the Kids Breathe Better Competition.

I almost deleted it. I thought it was SPAM, a joke, a virus on my MAC.

However it was true. I was one of 500 around the country who won a vacuum.

So it means my writing was maybe not so great with so many winners, but that is besides the point.

I WON.

I needed a vacuum, my estranged husband had my beloved Dyson at his house in the country where it was REALLY needed and I was using my mums spare Dyson upright.

I was so grateful for this wonderful prize and I put it to good work every few days.

This was truly the highlight of my life last year. I told everyone how excited I was to have a new vacuum and be using it.

They all thought I was mad.

That vacuum was a sign of hope to me at that time and I cherish it, (you wouldn't think so if you saw what it lifts from my floors though!).

I was just so lucky.

Try your luck you just never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment